The Crown Hastings is (usually) an independent freehouse.
During the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, we are currently unable to operate as a public house.
Emmanuel Hadjiandreou has been baking at The Crown for many years, and we are pleased to say he will be baking again from June. We also have a limited selection of other products available.
- We will be baking fresh sourdough
- The products will be ready for collection every Friday between 12-2pm.
- The products must be paid for in advance using this website.
- All orders must be placed by midnight on Wednesdays to be ready for collection on Friday. Orders which arrive after this time will be ready for the Friday after.
- We will add additional products over the coming weeks.
- The collection process:
- Most importantly – if you feel ill, have minor symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 – please do not visit The Crown to collect.
- If you are unable to collect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can offer a refund but no alternative collection date.
- The doors to the Crown will be open from 12-2pm every Friday (no need to touch the handles – they will be propped open).
- We will be operating a ‘Covid-19 Secure’ system. One customer allowed in The Crown at any time via separate entry and exit points which will be marked. If someone is in The Crown already, please queue up Crown Lane – standing at least 2m away from the person in front.
- The products will be placed in a bag on the bar counter with your name on it. Please take your bag, without touching anything else.
- Social distancing shall be maintained at all times when customers are on the premises. To achieve this, we will be ‘back of house’ rather than customer facing. If you wish to get their attention, please shout!. Important: please only use this for the communication of important information, for anything less urgent please email us. This is to ensure that our team and our customers have minimal contact.
Alternatively, if you would like bread for home delivery on Fridays, it will be available through the lovely lads at Three Legs Brewery – minimum order £25 but they are also selling delicious beer, coffee, meat, cheese and wine. www.thethreelegs.co.uk